That’s maybe the second most difficult thing in software development, especially when you are in a collaborative project. You might aim too high or too low, and it is difficult to have a balance.
This “project” as mentioned started some years ago, with no fixed timeline, no goals. It was just a nice way to contribute to the community and to learn some more wxWidgets. Something like MrMTgui.
After some discussions I think we found a balancing point, a first idea of what to expect. We will probably settle to:
- cut sequences (single and multiple)
- change sequence titles (also in batches)
- merge sequences from different fasta files
- split multifasta in unique files
- reverse complement
- DNA translation/transcription
- find motifs (defined patterns)
- convert fasta format to GenBank, Phylip and Nexus
and we will build from that.